New partnership alert: test your sustainable farming solution with SEGES
On behalf of SEGES, one of the world’s leading agricultural research and innovation centers, Accelerace is scouting for early-stage startups working with Sensors and Biotech to co-create the sustainable farming solutions of tomorrow.
SEGES is a world leader in R&D within sustainable agricultural production and works with everything from optimum crop production to efficient milk production to reducing carbon footprint.
By providing knowledge and innovation to over 33 000 farms, 900 fruit and vegetable producers, and 7 000 SMEs, SEGES contributes with solutions to societal challenges in areas such as the environment, climate, animal welfare, sustainability, and circular economy.
“At SEGES we have a long history of making great farmers even better. We are deeply dedicated to continuously improve agriculture and its contribution to society. Therefore, we have a strong interest in working together with startups and pioneers within farming and related industries. We strongly believe that together with visionary startups we can successfully develop and evolve solutions for the benefit of all parties in the chain, be it farmers, consumers, society at large, the startup itself and SEGES.”Per Lauritsen, Executive Director, Commercial Activities at SEGES
Why this is interesting
SEGES’ position in the agricultural cluster nationally and internationally provides scope and scale of knowledge and resources which is unrivaled.
Here are five reasons why SEGES is an interesting partner:
- Value co-creation through a partnership with SEGES and test the solution as a pilot
- Access to the SEGES ecosystem and ability to utilise their network of over 30 000 farmers and businesses
- Leverage a network of global partners and get access to new knowledge and data
- Potential investment from SEGES
- Support and sparring from the Accelerace team throughout the matchmaking process
Who this is relevant for
SEGES is looking for sustainable farming solutions, specifically within:
- Sensors and software able to detect bugs, diseases, gases and/or weed
- Sensors and software for next generation soil and slurry sampling
- Biotech (crop and animal optimization, cellular agriculture)
Since 2008, Accelerace has supported 800+ Danish and international startups, including Trustpilot and Templafy, through our accelerator program, made 70+ pre-seed investments and matched startups with industry-leading companies such as Tetra Pak, Arla, and Elia. Accelerace is also responsible for the management of NOME (Nordic Mentor Network for Entrepreneurship), an elite mentoring program for Nordic life science startups.