We at Accelerace are proud to announce that we’ve been shortlisted as the best accelerator in the Nordics once again. Each year, the Nordic Startup Awards celebrate the startup ecosystem which also lies close to the heart of the work we do at Accelerace.
The grand award ceremony at the end of October in Copenhagen will highlight the innovative startup ecosystem and reward the greatest organizations and initiatives. Accelerace is shortlisted as the best Danish accelerator, and we are proud of that!
Accelerace has previously won the award as the best professional investor in 2015, the best accelerator program in 2015 & 2016 for our corporate accelerator (Next Step Challenge) and the prize of the best accelerator in 2017.
This year, we are in close competition with the awesome organizations CSE, Green Tech Challenge, Danish Tech Challenge, and Inno Founder. Of course, we want to defend last year’s title and we humbly ask for your vote.
Here are a couple of reasons why:
- Since the last award ceremony, Accelerace has launched a new acceleration program focusing on Soundtech startups. In collaboration with Sound Hub Denmark, we have created a tailored accelerator program providing sound startups access to state-of-the-art testing facilities and makerspaces for developing their products.
- We have launched an exclusive investor matchmaking network together with Nordea.
- We have co-founded Overkill Ventures, a Latvian early stage venture fund investing in overkillers – startup founders that walk the extra mile, disobey social norms and work smarter to succeed.
- We have supported startups to raise +200 million DKK investments.
- Our team has grown by having welcomed a bunch of new team members. They are a big part of the reason why Accelerace is the organization that startups in Denmark and abroad know and love.
- We have accelerated 113 startups all in all across our programs in the last year.
Our startups are nominated too!
- Donkey Republic as Best Social Impact Startup
- Plat Jammer as Best Foodtech/AgriTech Startup
- Coinify as Best FinTech Startup
- Templafy as Startup of the Year
- Chefmade as Best Foodtech/AgriTech Startup and Best Newcomer
- Monsenso as Best HealthTech Startup
Our track record speaks for itself
We are one of the world’s top 10 seed accelerators and our CEO is listed among the top 100 most influential tech accelerator leaders globally. Since 2008, we have spotted, trained, and invested in more than 500 of the most promising Danish and international startups and growth companies – 88 percent of them are still on the market today. As part of the national Scale-up Denmark initiative, Accelerace is scaling businesses within tech, foodtech, cleantech, life science & biotech, and medtech & health care technologies. We have partnerships with Coop, Novo Nordisk, Arla, Foss, NRGi, Nordea, Bang & Olufsen, Elia & Enel, and we are organizing the Nordic Mentor Network for Entrepreneurship.